The founder of the Embassy of the Blessed Kingdom of God for All Nations in Kyiv, Ukraine, Pastor Sunday Adelaja, has said that the presidential candidate of the Labour Party, Peter Obi, would not win the coming 2023 general elections because the odds are against him.
Pastor Adelaja aired his opinion in a lengthy article published on Thursday evening, saying “In this article, I enumerate the 10 reasons and arguments why I don’t believe Peter Obi is going to emerge as the next President of Nigeria.”
He affirmed his resolve by saying “either you like it or not, I’m going to be right again this time.”
The Cleric said, “So many people ask me if I’m Obidient or not. I had tried to shy away from the answer so I don’t offend the feelings of those who are truly sold out to the idea of Peter Obi to be the next Nigerian President.
“Unfortunately, I have a different opinion on this matter. I’m sorry to disappoint you guys, but the truth is I have a good track record when it comes to taking a political position either in Nigeria or on the world stage at large. I almost never ever miss it when I announce my position on similar issues.
“My secret is simple, I do my research, I look for empirical evidence while I put sentiments aside. Guys, either you like it or not, I’m going to be right again this time. Just like I was right with Buhari, while most of my colleagues were prophesying Jonathan.
“So was the case with Trump, Joe Biden, Anthony Joshua etc. Nigeria’s next president is going to be Bola Ahmed Tinubu.”
Recall, that just last week, he had published an article detailing his reasons why Tinubu will become Nigeria’s next president.
In his article he listed 10 reasons he believes Peter Obi would not emerge as president come 2023, they are summarized below:
1. Peter Obi will surely lose these presidential elections in 2023 not because of any conspiracies, but because of simple statistics and facts.
To win a presidential election in Nigeria, India, or America, your party is only as strong as its strength in the ward level. Basically what this means is a party must have close to 9 thousand party branches to successfully run for the presidency in Nigeria.
I strongly doubt it that the Labour Party of Peter Obi has 8809 party branches in Nigeria. No wonder all their previous attempts at elections all ended up in failure.
2. Peter Obi’s claim that infrastructure doesn’t bring development is another reason why I can’t recommend him to become Nigeria’s President.
If someone is downplaying the role of infrastructure in economic development of a nation, that person has no business running for a national elective position.
No wonder people in Anambra hardly reference Peter Obi’s achievements, but rather talk more about Chris Ngige’s infrastructural strides. It’s now understandable why Peter keeps boasting about the money he saved for Anambra, the same money he could have used to develop the state’s infrastructure.
3. The pandora files: Pandora files report is another reason why I cannot recommend Peter Obi to be the next President of Nigeria. The Pandora Files investigation is part of the global International Consortium of Investigative Journalists (ICIJ)-led Pandora Papers project.
The project saw 600 journalists from 150 news organisations around the world poring through a trove of 11.9 million confidential files, contextualising information, tracking down sources and analysing public records and other documents.
Mr Obi is one of the individuals whose hidden business activities was thrown open by the project. Indeed, he has a number of secret business dealings and relationships that he has for years kept hidden from his Anambra people whom he governed, from Nigerian people over whom he plans to rule.
4. The investment of state money in his own family business which he didn’t deny. Peter Obi claimed that the company belonged to his parents, and he had no dealings in it after he became a public officer. He stated this in response to a question by Kadaria Ahmed, host of ‘The Candidates’, a presidential town hall co-production between Daria Media and the Nigerian Television Authority (NTA), with support from the MacArthur Foundation, held in Abuja in 2019.
Unfortunately the investment he said will benefit the state has now crashed and turned to a big liability worth only at most $5 million today. If Nigeria were to be a society of law and order, Peter Obi should be serving jail terms based on his own public confession.
Instead of Peter Obi to hide his head in shame or at least repent before Anambra people he is now trying to go to a higher stage to become the President of Nigeria. He actually boasts about these his compromising investments, selling it to Nigerians as his ingenuity.
5. I speak now as a representative of one of the nationalities of Nigeria that Nnamdi Kanu and Ipob aggressively insulted and abused. I expect anyone from the Igbo extractions wanting to rule over all the tribes and nationalities in Nigeria to first condemn and apologize for the actions of Ipob and Nnamdi Kanu.
I can’t see Peter Obi’s statement against the excesses of Nnamdi Kanu and Ipob. Rather I saw him defending Ipob on channel TV, saying he disagrees with the government designating them as a terrorist organization. How can someone with a clear conscience defend Ipob and not apologize to other Nigerians.
You cannot spend years keeping quiet about the degrading of all tribes and nationalities in Nigeria and now expect them to vote for you. Either we like it or not the North still control the majority of votes in Nigeria, without their votes no one can emerge as Nigerian president.
6. Peter Obi from his antecedents is a desperate User and Exploiter. Peter Obi is not better than Atiku, neither is he better than Tinubu, his Labour Party is not better if not worse than PDP and APC.
Unfortunately Nigerians are more driven by emotions and sentiments rather than by critical thinking and analysis. If Peter Obi could be a member of PDP more so a leader there, their vice presidential flag bearer, it means he encapsulates and embraces the essence and values of that party.
He could not be a vice presidential candidate and not be aware of the corruption and vote buying that led to his emergence as the Vice President to Atiku.
According to the people who know Peter Obi better than you and I, what they say about him is not very palatable. Especially from those people who were in the same parties with him at one time or the other. According to them, Obi is a serial betrayer, user and exploiter, not a disciplined party man.
7. Many Nigerians are not aware of the N250 million allegedly found in the convoy of the governor of Anambra State, Peter Obi in June 2009. He was once caught with 250 million security votes money that his security convoys were trying to smuggle out, as his opponents suggested.
This is most likely a case of money laundering, they were caught in Lagos and the case was buried by the then government of the day. The only explanation Obi gave then came through his Media Assistant saying and I quote; “The money belonged to a government contractor who preferred to carry cash to buy vehicles ordered by government”.
8. My next reason why Peter Obi is not our next President is that I believe Asiwaju is better. The academic qualification of Asiwaju is better, but even more important than that the results on ground of Asiwaju’s works are more convincing.
The results of their stewardship convince me that Bola Ahmed Tinubu is a better manager of men and resources. You only need to take a look at the two states governed by the two of them to know who is better. Jesus said we should judge people by their fruits.
I cannot see the abiding fruits of Peter Obi’s stewardship in Anambra state, or anywhere else but I see Asiwaju’s fruits in Lagos.
9. Another reason I can’t support the ambition of Peter Obi is that, I cannot see the trace of Peter Obi’s rule in Anambra state. The only person who praises the works of Peter Obi in Anambra is Peter Obi himself. I keep wondering though why is he not living in his wonderful Anambra state.
I tried to talk to people from Anambra and when I research the internet I see that Anambra people talk more about the works of Chris Ngige. Even though Peter Obi himself handpicked Obiano as his successor, yet the same Obiano rubbishes most of Obi’s claims.
He denied for example that Obi left billions in the coffers of Anambra state. Obiano says the opposite that it’s only debt he inherited from Peter Obi. If you want to see and hear from the horses mouth from Anambra state government, go to YouTube and search for Channels Tv 16/11/2015 Anambra Inherited Debt. The secretary to the state government basically said Peter Obi is lying.
10. Finally, Peter Obi is a sophist. Peter Obi talks too much, too much sweet talk and by so doing he shoots himself in the feet. His whole popularity is built on sophistry, manipulating the masses by telling them what they want to hear. Making the gullible youth believe in bogus statements and declarations.
He concluded his article by saying, “May God bless The Federal Republic Of Nigeria, and may all her haters live long to witness it.”