The senator for Adamawa North, Elisha Abbo, has said that he will continue to run as the All Progressives Congress’ candidate in the upcoming general elections in 2023.
He stated this while reacting to the court order which removed him as the party’s candidate in the forthcoming election.
According to The PUNCH, Abbo, stated that the court ruling had no basis and such should not be taken seriously.
Premium Politics on Wednesday reported that a Yola High Court dismissed Abbo as the senatorial candidate for Adamawa North in the upcoming general election, ruling that he had been removed from the party and hence should not be recognized as such.
In response to his dismissal as the party’s candidate, Abbo claimed that the court verdict was the result of desperate politicians who don’t know when to give up.
He said, “It’s not a serious thing though, they only wanted to draw media attention and publicity because I am involved. Outside of the media attention, it is absolutely nothing; I am neither bothered nor worried because they do not have a case against me.”
The politician said he would appeal the verdict to the Court of Appeal and urged his followers to do the same.
He said, “You can imagine a state High Court assuming jurisdiction against the Independent National Electoral Commission.
“Agitating over an ongoing case in the Federal High Court, the truth is that they have delivered their judgement which is what the Peoples Democratic Party wanted in collaboration with some people in the APC.”
Abbo further stated that because the relevant parties were not involved in the court ruling, the ruling was invalid.
He said, “They have delivered their judgement without involving the INEC, because in this case as it is, INEC is a party and the National Chairman of the party is also a party.
“All they are doing is just noise and that is where it would end. I am still the candidate of the party and I am the one holding the party’s mandate.”