Justice Olukayode Ariwoola has been sworn in as the Chief Justice of Nigeria after the resignation of Justice Tanko Muhammad from the exalted judicial position.
Here are six things you should know about the new Chief Justice of Nigeria.
1. Justice Olukayode Ariwoola was born on August 22, 1954.
2. He was appointed a Judge of the Oyo State High Court in 1992 and later made a Justice of the Court of Appeal in November 2005.
3. He once served as Justice of Court of Appeal in Kaduna, Enugu and Lagos Divisions.
4. On November 22, 2011, he was appointed and sworn in to the bench of the Supreme Court of Nigeria.
5. He was formerly a Justice of the Court of Appeal.
6. He is also a member of the Nigerian Bar Association, the International Bar Association, and the Nigerian Body of Benchers.