The President, Major General Mohammadu Buhari (retd), has vowed to continue to campaign for the flag bearer of the All Progressives Congress, Bola Ahmed Tinubu.
Buhari said this on Saturday during the APC presidential rally held in Nasarawa State which coincided with the unveiling of some projects by the president in the state.
The president’s comment comes amid speculations raised by the Governor of Kaduna State, Nasir El-Rufai, suggesting that some unknown elements in the Presidential Villa are working against Tinubu.
However, Buhari allayed Tinubu’s fears during the rally in Nasarawa by assuring the former Lagos State governor of his full support.
He said, “I am very pleased today to be part of this campaign of Bola Ahmed Tinubu as the next president of Nigeria and the Governor of Nasarawa state for his second and final term.
“I thank you very much for the fine weather, I have been staying in the sun for more than three hours.
“I congratulate you and I assure you, God willing we are going to win through and through”
“Ahmed Bola Tinubu as he said in his speech, I knew him more than 20years ago. I mentioned it earlier there was no local government I haven’t visited from 2003 to 2011 and I visited all the states when I was asking for this term the second term, and the final term”
“I will continue to campaign for Bola Ahmed Tinubu, he is a committed Nigerian and I believe he will give all he has to this country and to you Nigerians”
*Villa Cabal working against Tinubu*
Premium Politics reported that El-Rufai on Wednesday dared the Aso Rock “cabals” he believes are opposed to the Presidential ambition of Tinubu.
El-Rufai had sparked a controversy when he said in an interview that some persons in Aso Rock were working against Tinubu.
“I believe there are elements in the villa who want us to lose the election because they didn’t get their way; they had their candidate. Their candidate did not win the primaries.
“They are trying to get us to lose the election, and they are hiding behind the president’s desire to do what he thinks is right,” he had said.
Appearing to back El-Rufai’s claim, the First Lady, Aisha, uploaded the clip of the interview containing the governor’s main allegation against the saboteurs of Tinubu’s presidency.
Lai Mohammed denies ‘Villa Cabal’ claims
However, in reaction to El-Rufai’s claim, the Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, stated the government was not aware of anyone within the Presidential Villa engaging in such action.
He said the government had been fair to all candidates regardless of party affiliation and that Buhari had consistently demonstrated that he was for free, fair and credible elections.